Our By Appointment Model is designed to provide the best shopping experience possible for each of our prospective customers. We have been doing this successfully for 6 years, and it became more relevant during the Covid 19 pandemic. This model allows you plenty of time to view various brands, ask any and all of your questions without interruption, and also allows time for safe test rides.
To facilitate and optimize your time at your appointment, please note the following guidelines:
1) Wet, Windy or stormy weather conditions may prevent a test ride. The business owner and/or store manager reserves the right to decide whether it will it safe enough to allow any test ride of a shop owned e-bike.
2) Test Rides are available to be done for ~ 5 minutes. Up to 2 e-bike models can be ridden during your appointment time slot. The test ride is primarily to confirm that the e-bike is a fit for you, after you have narrowed down your choices, and to allow you to experience the performance of the e-bike from the assist (i.e. speed/acceleration) and assure that it fits your needs. All e-bikes in our shop will get any rider up any hill in Illinois, as long as the rider is within the manufacturer's rated rider weight capacity for that e-bike. Typical max rider weight is 275 lbs on most e-bikes. If you exceed that weight, please let us know and we may be able to source an ebike model that will work for your situation. * Note that a test ride fee may be required for certain models, that are in the higher price ranges, to help off-set some of the additional expense of liability insurance. Ultimately, the fee would be credited to any e-bike purchase here at Mike's shop. Feel free to ask ahead of time if a fee will apply to the model you wish to try out.
3) Rider Safety and Bike Riding Skills: If you have not ridden a regular bike in a number of years, please do practice riding your own regular bike, BEFORE you come to test ride one of our ebikes. This is for your own protection and safety. You must be fully capable and confident riding regular bikes, before test riding an e-bike. A signed liability waiver will be required for all test rides. If you want to see the waiver before an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to bring your drivers license to provide as a temporary security item for the test ride, which will be returned upon completion of any test rides.
4) Please bring/wear a mask to the appointment.
5) Please bring/wear a helmet for use during a test ride. This for your own safety.
Thank you !
Owner of Mike's E-Bikes