I am a professionally trained kimono stylist and consultant. I have studied kimono for 5 years and have done over 500 kimono photoshoots. My service is for everyone, who wants to know more about kimono and wants to wear an authentic one, with fully personalized styling. I provide an explanation about kimono, so you will know what you wear. I use only authentic items. All kimono in my collection was hand-picked and purchased by me, some items were donated from various families around Japan. I am also a photographer and provide high quality photographs, all professionally edited. It is a high end service with full focus on you, authentic kimono and beautiful photography.
Please read through the contract carefully before booking. It will appear once you choose a time and date. Book an appointment only if you agree with all points.
* I have my own modern studio in Asakusa where we do dress-up, hair and make up (if booked) and the photoshoot will be done in the nearby area, location only. There is an option to book an indoor location -- a traditional Japanese inn, an authentic snack bar or a funky modern bar (also located in Asakusa)! I will have you come to my studio on the day of your booking.
My studio is located here:
* All appointment times are set to 10:00 AM, however it's okay if you'd like to change the time to a bit earlier or later, please include your appointment time request in the questionnaire, under "other requests" form.
* If you choose makeup with your booking, time will change to 9:30 AM.
* If you're a traveller to Japan, please consider booking at the beginning of your stay in Tokyo so it's possible to reschedule to other date in case of rain
* in case of typhoon the photoshoot MUST be rescheduled, otherwise it will be cancelled and your deposit will be returned. If you'd like to go forward with the photoshoot during a typhoon, please note that additional services like makeup might not be available, and the location MUST be indoors.
- personalized styling & preparation, all using an authentic kimono from my collection -- I don't repeat outfits, so the outfit combination you'll wear on the day will be used one time only. Kimono and every part of the outfit is purchased by me. All items are authentic, very often rare and very high grade.
- Japan consumption tax 10%
- Credit card / Paypal fees
- kimono dressing
- explanation about kimono
- professional photoshoot
- professional editing, large selection of high quality images
- any preparations and work I do before and after your shoot
- clean up after the shoot done by an assistant
- kimono cleaning in case it's necessary after the shoot
- studio maintenance
- my schedule flexibility
- styling / preparations / shoot / editing all add up to several hours
Ideally the shoot should finish by 4pm, so if you can only do certain afternoon hours like 2pm, there there won't be enough time for makeup service and others. If you are late, I will have to cut off some time from either part of the preparation or the photoshoot.
There is no online catalogue where my kimono collection can be seen -- I will prepare an outfit according to any requests / preferences / ideas, but also height etc and we will confirm it on the day, Changing it is of course okay.
I am not able to do a photoshoot for more than 3 people. Currently I don't offer family shoots with small children (below 8 years old) or Shichigosan shoots.
* If you'd like to make a booking for more than 2 people (maximum 3 and only in this combination: 1 woman, 2 men or 2 women, 1 man --> 3 adult women are not possible), please send an e-mail first.
* I require a deposit to book an appointment. The remaining amount can be paid in cash, credit card or Paypal on the day of your appointment. Tax is included in the price.
Deposit is refunded in full if you cancel your appointment at least 14 days in advance. If it's cancelled later than that, I will keep the deposit. If the appointment is cancelled by me due to sickness or sudden emergency, I will refund the deposit in full.
There's no reschedule fee for rescheduling one time, however if you reschedule and cancel the rescheduled appointment, I will keep the deposit.
In case of bad weather, ideal solution is to reschedule (no fee for rescheduling).
* For any type of shoot that is not the kimono experience package I offer -- please send an e-mail and explain your request first.
* Furisode for furisode shoots can be chosen from my furisode collection -- choose your favourite and I can style it, add obi etc. according to your style request.
My furisode collection can be seen here:
My experience + photoshoot packages will always be given priority for bookings.
PRICES ARE WITH TAX.
Professional MUA: 8000 yen women's makeup / 4000 yen men's makeup
Indoor location Traditional Japanese Inn in Asakusa: 5000 yen
Indoor location Authentic Snack Bar in Asakusa : 5000 yen
Cafe location in Asakusa: 3000 yen
Ueno Park / Kyu Yasuda Garden (Ryogoku) / Hyakkaen Garden (Mukojima): taxi fare and entrance fare if necessary
For COUPLE shoots:
Furisode upgrade: 20000 yen
for BRIDAL shoots:
Additional uchikake: 20000 yen
Wataboshi: 8000 yen
ITEMS TO PREPARE FOR THE SHOOT:
For the shoot please wear a tank top / camisole and shorts during warmer seasons (April~October) and leggings and a heat-tech undershirt with long sleeves (v-neck for men) during colder seasons (applies to men and kids as well). You can also bring your favourite accessories, lipsticks, anything you'd like to use for the shoot.
Add your phone number to receive an appointment reminder via text message.
Message and data rates may apply. One message per appointment.