Welcome! I'm looking forward to talking with you. Meanwhile, here is an outline of what to expect once you select a time to speak with me.
1. You and I will receive an email confirming our appointment. The message will include a link to a "Zoom meeting," which is like Skype, but better, and is entirely optional.
2. Unless we've made other arrangements, you'll send me the materials you'd like for me to read by 7 a.m. the morning we are scheduled to speak.
3. At the appointed time, you'll call me at the number listed in my email signature, or you'll join the Zoom meeting provided in the appointment confirmation message. I'll be standing by to speak with you.
4. If you're calling on the phone, please remind me to hit the record button if you'd like to receive an audio file of our conversation. If you're connecting via Zoom, a recording will be generated automatically.
5. Together we'll talk about voice, character, plotting, atmospherics, narrative structure, and great works of today and of yore that offer copious models from which one can learn about various aspects of craft.
6. If you have any questions, concerns, or outright objections, please don't hesitate to write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.