Effective October 7, 2021, visitors to our branch offices are required to wear a mask. Visitors must provide their own mask.
Beginning October 4, 2021, out of an abundance of caution to keep our employees healthy and safe, the Comptroller of Maryland is limiting branch operations to scheduled appointments only. Walk-ins will no longer be accepted at any of our regional offices until further notice. Taxpayers can schedule in-person or virtual appointments easily. Taxpayer assistance is also available via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-MDTAXES. Our agents are standing by to help you.
• You will be required to show a photo I. D.
• If requesting assistance with preparing a MD income tax return a copy of your completed federal tax return, w-2’s and/or 1099’s must be available.
• If your appointment is for an MVA Certification you must have a copy of your ITIN letter from the IRS or Social Security card along with a completed and signed Maryland Form 130
If the appointment is “Virtual On-line”:
• The device used to access your appointment must have a working camera.
• If using a mobile phone, you will receive a prompt to download the Microsoft Teams App.
• You must be able to transmit a copy of your information if requested by representative in the virtual meeting. Instructions will be provided by the representative.