UPDATE October 2022:
Water temp in Port Phillip Bay is about 14C right now.
Spring is here and swimming is great in the Bay.
Everyone is welcome. Join Melbourne OWSC for discounted swim fees and merch.
Bright coloured swim caps are compulsory.
Wetsuits recommended and available for hire or purchase.
All swim groups are 45 minutes (35 minutes if water temp is below 15.5c.
BYO hot drink/tea. Limited hot tea is provided.
Book here for all open water swimming groups, events, lessons and classes.
Plus our pool groups at VU Aquatic are also booked from here...
This is an easy list of open water swim groups with calendar dates. They all fill up so get in quick.
Text Coach Jason Bryce with questions or to book in if you can't make it work - 0 4 2 8 - 7 7 7 - 7 2 7 .
WOW Swim Coaching coaches and teachers are qualified and have First Aid certificates. Coach Jason Bryce is accredited and insured through the Australian Swim Coaches and Teachers Association (Marsh) and affiliated with the Melbourne Open Water Swimming Club, an incorporated association and part of Masters Swimming Victoria.
This calendar is updated with new open water events and swim groups regularly and features:
* Open Water Swimming groups and events.
* Open Water Swimming lessons and classes.
* 1-on-1 swimming lessons for adults and kids.
* Pool swim training squads at VU Aquatic.
How to book:
1) Scroll down, choose a group that suits you.
2) Click through, select a highlighted date and then time.
3) Clicking through means you agree to the terms, conditions and waiver below.
4) Select a Quantity (1) for yourself or (2) or more to book for your friends.
5) Do your personal info and $$ things.
6) Get excited because you are going for a swim!
You can also check out the WOW Swim Coaching website for more information.
Like and Follow us on Facebook , Instagram and YouTube.
This is the Melbourne Open Water Swimming Club page. Club members get discounts on swim groups, events and merch.
Where to meet us:
All our open water swim groups meet at the far western end of Williamstown Beach, near the carpark (at end of Victoria St), behind the Williamstown SLSC.
2) Swim group supervisors check water quality, general conditions, reports, weather forecasts, tides, and warnings before all classes, groups and events BUT can't be held responsible for every possible scenario that might occur. Swim group supervisors are experienced, qualified and act with care and responsibility towards you but you participate in the knowledge that the ocean is not a controlled environment.
3) Your group can be postponed or cancelled because of weather, conditions or other reasons. We will attempt to contact you if your appointment is postponed for cancelled and we will reschedule you for the next equivalent swim group or session.
4) Swim groups can be rescheduled by you after you have booked up until 24 hours before the activity. You can't reschedule within 24 hours of the upcoming event, class or group.
5) You are agreeing to follow all the instructions of the coach, supervisors and support team, including instructions to leave the water before the event, group or class has finished.
7) Only medically fit people should enrol or enter. Each swimmer is responsible for their own medical check. Consult your doctor about participating in open water swimming.
8) If a swim event or group is cancelled, postponed or altered in any way due to safety or water quality concerns, you can NOT get a refund. You can participate in the postponed or altered event or request credit for future swim activities.
9) Risk waiver: By continuing to book in for the swim event, group or class, you are agreeing that you are undertaking this activity at your own risk. You are also agreeing that you read, understood and agree all the above terms and conditions.
Now let's go for a swim!!
text or call me
0 4 2 8 7 7 7 7 2 7
I love to chat about swimming!
You will receive a text message reminder before your appointment