FREE Income Tax Help
March 1 to April 30, 2022
Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Saturdays
9:30 am – 2:00 pm
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Welcome to Surrey Alliance Tax Service Appointment Scheduling.
This free tax service is for the 2021 tax year and for up to 10 previous years of unfiled taxes. To be eligible for this free service individuals must have a modest income and a simple tax situation.
Based on the number of persons in a family, the total family income should be less than the amount shown in the chart. Local community organizations may have other requirements.
Total family income
more than 5 persons
$52,500 plus $2,500 for each additional person
Simple tax situation is where a person has NO income or has income from:
Tax situations are NOT simple if individuals:
APPOINTMENTS FOR IN-PERSON, TELEPHONE (VIRTUAL) AND DROP OFF
1. In-Person appointment: Select one appointment time if you are single person or a couple. Arrive 10 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment time and bring your tax slips and 2 pieces of ID to the Surrey Alliance Tax Service, 13474 96 Avenue Surrey, BC. You will meet with a volunteer who will complete your taxes and submit it to the Canada Revenue Agency.
2. Telephone appointment. Select one appointment time if you are single person or a couple. A volunteer will call you from a blocked telephone number as close to the scheduled appointment time as possible. Be prepared to provide your tax information over the phone. The volunteer will complete your tax return then review it with you prior to electronically submitting it the Canada Revenue Agency for you.
3. Drop Off Appointment. Select one appointment time if you are a single person or a couple. At your scheduled appointment time bring your tax slips and 2 pieces of ID to the Surrey Alliance Tax Service, 13474 96 Avenue Surrey, BC and be prepared to leave a copy of your tax slips with us. A volunteer will complete you taxes and electronically submit it to the Canada Revenue Agency. You will be advised when to return to pick up a copy of your tax return and tax slips.
4. Walk-Ins: May be accepted if appointment slots and volunteers are available.
- Masks are mandatory and social distancing is required.
- There is a limit of 2 people for each appointment type.
- If you are exhibiting any Covid signs please do not come to your appointment but call 604-728-3220 and reschedule for a later date.
* If you are having difficulty scheduling an appointment ON-LINE please call 604-728-3220 for assistance.
You will receive a text message reminder before your appointment