I am a professionally trained kimono stylist and consultant. My service is for everyone, who wants to know more about kimono and wants to wear an authentic one, with fully personalized styling. I provide a detailed explanation about kimono history, cultural and technical information. I use only authentic vintage items. I am also a photographer and provide very high quality photographs, all professionally edited.
Please read through the contract carefully before booking. It will appear once you choose a time and date. Book an appointment only if you agree with all points.
* I have my own modern studio in Asakusa where we do dress-up, hair and make up (if booked) and the photoshoot will be done in the nearby area, location only. There is an option to book an indoor location -- a traditional Japanese inn or an authentic snack bar (also located in Asakusa)! I will have you come to my studio on the day of your booking.
My studio is located here:
* All appointment times are set to 10:30 AM, however it's okay if you'd like to change the time to a bit earlier or later, please include your appointment time request in the questionnaire, under "other requests" form.
* If you choose makeup with your booking, time will change to 10 AM.
* If you're a traveller to Japan, please consider booking at the beginning of your stay in Tokyo so it's possible to reschedule to other date in case of rain
* in case of typhoon the photoshoot MUST be rescheduled, otherwise it will be cancelled and your deposit will be returned. If you'd like to go forward with the photoshoot during a typhoon, please note that additional services like makeup might not be available, and the location MUST be indoors.
- personalized styling & preparation, all using an authentic kimono from my collection -- I don't repeat outfits, so the outfit you'll wear on the day will be used one time only.
- kimono dressing
- explanation about kimono
- professional photoshoot
- professional editing, very high quality images
- any preparations and work I do before and after your shoot
Ideally the shoot should finish by 4pm, so if you can only do certain afternoon hours like 2pm, there won't be the lecture part and there won't be enough time for makeup service. If you are late, I will have to cut off some time from either part of the preparation or the photoshoot.
* If you'd like to make a booking for more than 2 people (maximum 3), please send an e-mail first.
* I require a deposit to book an appointment. The remaining amount can be paid in cash or online on the day of your appointment. Tax is included in the price.
Deposit is refunded in full if you cancel your appointment at least 14 days in advance. If it's cancelled later than that, I will keep the deposit. If the appointment is cancelled by me due to sickness or sudden emergency, I will refund the deposit in full.
There's no reschedule fee for rescheduling one time, however if you reschedule and cancel the rescheduled appointment, I will keep the deposit.
In case of bad weather, ideal solution is to reschedule (no fee for rescheduling).
* For any type of shoot that is not the kimono experience package I offer -- please send an e-mail and explain your request first.
* Furisode for furisode shoots can be chosen from my furisode collection -- choose your favourite and I can style it, add obi etc. according to your style request. Furisode is the most festive and gorgeous attire for women, it should be decorative from head to toe.
My furisode collection can be seen here:
My experience + photoshoot packages will always be given priority for bookings.
PRICES ARE WITH TAX.
Hairstyling: 2000 yen /person
Professional MUA: 6500 yen women's makeup / 4000 yen men's makeup
Indoor location Traditional Japanese Inn: 3000 yen
Indoor location Authentic Snack Bar: 3000 yen
Ueno Park / Kyu Yasuda Garden (Ryogoku) / Hyakkaen Garden (Mukojima): taxi fare and entrance fare if necessary
For COUPLE shoots:
Furisode upgrade: 18000 yen
For OMIYAMAIRI shoots:
Kimono for dad (other parent): 10000 yen
for BRIDAL shoots:
Additional uchikake: 15000 yen
Wataboshi: 8000 yen
ITEMS TO PREPARE FOR THE SHOOT:
For the shoot please wear a tank top / camisole during warmer seasons and leggings and a heat-tech undershirt with long sleeves (v-neck for men) during colder seasons (applies to men and kids as well). You can also bring your favourite accessories, lipsticks, anything you'd like to use for the shoot.
You will receive a text message reminder before your appointment